“TAP Mobile Banking Real-time Inter-Bank Fund Transfer (IBFT) Staff Campaign” (“Campaign”) : Amazon Echo Alexa Advance Conversational Artificial Intelligence
Terms & Conditions
1. The Campaign starts from 1 August 2017 – 30 November 2017 (both dates inclusive)(“the Campaign Period”).
2. Bank Islam Malaysia Berhad (“Bank Islam” or “the Bank”) reserves its absolute right to change, vary or extend the Campaign Period.
3. The Campaign is open to all Bank Islam staff (including PFEs, SLIMs and contract staff) who are registered TAP Mobile Banking users.
4. Every IBFT transaction of a minimum RM100.00 successfully transacted via TAP Mobile Banking shall be eligible for one (1) draw entry.
5 . In performing the above transaction, the staff is fully aware of the current transaction fee.
6. All transactions shall be automatically tracked by the System. No proof of participation in Campaign is required from the staff.
7. Throughout the Campaign Period, five (5) winners shall be selected to receive a unit of Amazon Echo Alexa Advance Conversational Artificial Intelligence.
8. The Draw deployed in selecting the winners shall be at the absolute discretion of the Bank and all subsequent decisions shall be considered final.
9. Each staff is eligible to win only one (1) prize throughout the duration of the Campaign Period. The prize is non-exchangeable, non-transferable and is not redeemable for cash.
10. If it is ascertained that the selected winner is no longer a staff of the Bank or have any financing with the Bank in delinquent status, the Bank reserves the right to forfeit the prize.
11. In the event the winner drawn is not contactable via telephone call after three (3) attempts on the same day for whatever reason(s), he/she shall be disqualified from the prize and the next staff in sequence shall be selected as the winner.
12. Winners shall be contacted by the Bank’s representative at the mobile numbers registered in the Bank’s record.
13. The prize will be delivered to the winner at the last known address or to an address as requested by the winner or any Bank Islam branch after being contacted.
14. Staffs are deemed to have consented to participate in the Campaign by fulfilling the Campaign mechanics.
15. The Prize winners may be invited to attend a Prize Presentation Ceremony or other publicity events at a location to be confirmed later. The Winners hereby gives his/her consent to allow the Bank to publish or display the names and photographs of the winners for publicity purposes. Winners are responsible for all expenses in attending the ceremony.
16. The Bank and its affiliates and their respective directors, officers, employees and agents are not liable for any misinterpretation of facts, and / or inflicted injuries and / or loss of lives and / or valuables resulting from the prize won through the Campaign and shall also not be liable, whether direct or consequential, for any loss and damage or for any personal injury and / or whatsoever suffered or sustained by the staff caused directly or indirectly, in whole or in part, in connection with their participation in the Campaign or the receipt or use of any part of the prize or suffered while travelling for the collection of the prize winning and / or as a result of any act or omission on the part of the Bank, except for any liability which cannot be excluded by law.
17. The Bank shall not be responsible in any way whatsoever, in respect of technical failures of any kind, or unauthorised human intervention and electronic or human error in the administration and processing of the Campaign.
18. In particular, staff acknowledge and agree that in addition to the events set out in the terms and conditions of the Bank Islam TAP Mobile Banking, the Bank shall not be liable or be held responsible on the unavailability and improper functioning of TAP services which shall be solely dependent on many variable circumstances, including but not limited to location, mobile network availability, signal strength, proper functioning of hardware, software and mobile phone of staff, and the Bank shall not be liable or be held responsible for any loss or damage whatsoever caused by any unavailability or improper functioning of the TAP services for any reason whatsoever.
19. All winners agree to hold harmless the Bank and its affiliates and their respective directors, officers, employees and agents from and against any claim, action, proceeding, judgment, damage, loss, expense or liability suffered in connection with the participation in the Campaign or receipt, redemption or use of the prize.
20. The Bank accepts no responsibility for any tax implication that may arise from the prize or the use thereof. Any tax filing obligation or any tax payment due to any authority as a result of receipt of the prize remains the sole responsibility of the winners. It is the responsibility of the winning staff to seek independent advice on the possible implications this may have on their own financial situation.
21. To the fullest extent permitted by the law, in no event will the Bank or any of its officers, servants, employees, representatives and / or agents (including without limitation, any third party service providers that Bank Islam may engage for purposes of the Campaign) be liable for any loss or damages (including without limitation loss of income, profits or goodwill or indirect, incidental, consequential, exemplary, punitive or special damages of any party including third parties) howsoever arising whether in contract, tort, negligence or otherwise, in connection with the Campaign and / or the prize, even if the Bank has been advised on the possibility of such damages in advance, and all such damages are expressly excluded.
22. By participating in the Campaign, the staff is deemed to have read, understood and agreed to be bound by the official Terms & Conditions stated herein, including decisions of the Bank which are final, binding and conclusive. No correspondence, appeals, protests or attempts to dispute shall be entertained.
23. The Bank further reserves the exclusive rights to change, amend, delete or add on terms and conditions upon giving adequate notice and shall become effective on such date as the Bank may notify. By participating in the Campaign the staff agrees to be bound by such amendments.
24. The Bank reserves the right to cancel, terminate or suspend the Campaign with prior notice. For the avoidance of doubt, cancellation, termination or suspension by the Bank of the Campaign shall not entitle the staff to any claim or compensation against the Bank for any loss or damage suffered or incurred as a direct and indirect result of such act of cancellation, termination or suspension.
25. Any notice by the Bank in relation to this Campaign may be made through mail, email, SMS, Bank Islam corporate website (www.bankislam.com.my), notice at Bank Islam premises or www.facebook.com/BankIslamFB and shall become effective on such date as the Bank may notify.
26. The Terms & Conditions herein are in addition to and without prejudice to the Terms & Conditions stated in the Bank Islam TAP (Transact at Palm) Mobile Banking Agreement applicable to the Designated Deposit Account. In the event of inconsistency between these terms and conditions and the said Agreement, these terms and conditions shall prevail in so far as they apply to the Campaign.
27. If there is any conflict or discrepancy between the terms and conditions of the English version and that of the Malay version, the English version shall prevail.
28. These terms and conditions shall be subject to the Laws of Malaysia.