“TAP Mobile Banking & Internet Banking Fee Waiver for IBG & IBFT Campaign” (“The Campaign”)
Terms & Conditions
1. The Campaign starts from 01st January 2017 until 30th June 2017 (both dates inclusive)(“the Campaign Period”)
2. Bank Islam Malaysia Berhad (“Bank Islam” or “the Bank”) reserves its absolute right to change, vary or extend the Campaign Period.
3. The Campaign is open to all new and existing Bank Islam customers residing in Malaysia, including employees of Bank Islam, its advertising agencies, their immediate family members or any other individual(s) connected with the administration of the Campaign.
4. The fee waiver applies to all Inter-Bank Giro (IBG) and Instant Inter-Bank Fund Transfer (IBFT) transaction(s) performed during the Campaign Period via TAP Mobile Banking or Internet Banking.
5. The Bank and its affiliates and their respective directors, officers, employees and agents are not liable for any misinterpretation of facts, and / or inflicted injuries and / or loss of lives and / or valuables resulting from the Campaign and shall also not be liable, whether direct or consequential, for any loss and damage or for any personal injury and / or whatsoever suffered or sustained by the customers caused directly or indirectly, in whole or in part, in connection with their participation in the Campaign or as a result of any act or omission on the part of the Bank, except for any liability which cannot be excluded by law.
6. The Bank shall not be responsible in any way whatsoever, in respect of technical failures of any kind, or unauthorized human intervention and electronic or human error in the administration and processing of the Campaign.
7. In particular, customers acknowledge and agree that in addition to the events set out in the terms and conditions of the Bank Islam TAP Mobile Banking and Internet Banking, the Bank shall not be held liable or be held responsible on the unavailability and improper functioning of TAP services and Internet Banking which shall be solely dependent on many variable circumstances, including but not limited to location, mobile network availability, signal strength, proper functioning of hardware, software and mobile phone of customers, and the Bank shall not be held liable or responsible for any loss or damage whatsoever caused by any unavailability or improper functioning of the services for any reason whatsoever.
8. The customers agree to hold harmless the Bank and its affiliates and their respective directors, officers, employees and agents from and against any claim, action, proceeding, judgment, damage, loss, expense or liability suffered in connection with the participation in the Campaign.
9. To the fullest extent permitted by the law, in no event will the Bank or any of its officers, servants, employees, representatives and / or agents (including without limitation, any third party service providers that Bank Islam may engage for purposes of the Campaign) be liable for any loss or damages (including without limitation loss of income, profits or goodwill or indirect, incidental, consequential, exemplary, punitive or special damages of any party including third parties) howsoever arising whether in contract, tort, negligence or otherwise, in connection with the Campaign, even if the Bank has been advised on the possibility of such damages in advance, and all such damages are expressly excluded. By participating in the Campaign, the customer participating in this campaign be deemed to have read, understood and agreed to be bound by the official Terms & Conditions stated herein, including decisions of the Bank which are final, binding and conclusive. No correspondence, appeals, protests or attempts to dispute shall be entertained. The Bank further reserves the exclusive rights to change, amend, delete or add terms and conditions upon giving adequate notice and shall become effective on such date as the Bank may notify. By participating in the Campaign the customer agrees to be bound by such amendments.
10. The Bank reserves the right to cancel, terminate or suspend the Campaign with prior notice. For the avoidance of doubt, cancellation, termination or suspension by the Bank of the Campaign shall not entitle the customer to any claim or compensation against the Bank for any loss or damage suffered or incurred as a direct and indirect result of the act of cancellation, termination or suspension.
11. Any notice by the Bank in relation to this Campaign may be made through mail, email, SMS, Bank Islam corporate website (www.bankislam.com.my), notice at Bank Islam premises or www.facebook.com/BankIslamFB and shall become effective on such date as the Bank may notify.
12. The Terms & Conditions herein are in addition to and without prejudice to the Terms & Conditions stated in the Bank Islam TAP (Transact at Palm) Mobile Banking Agreement and Internet Banking Terms & Conditions applicable to the Designated Deposit Account. In the event of inconsistency between these terms and conditions and the said Agreement, these terms and conditions shall prevail in so far as they apply to the Campaign.
13. If there is any conflict or discrepancy between the terms and conditions of the English version and that of the Malay version, the English version shall prevail.
14. These terms and conditions shall be subject to the Laws of Malaysia.