- Beware of Phishing Scams
- Beware of Phone Scams
- Security Alert
- Internet Banking Anti Phishing
- i-Access Code (IAC)
- Dos and Don’ts
Beware of phone scams
There has been an increase in scams targeting Bank Islam customers via automated voice messages or phone calls informing customers of an outstanding amount that do not exist. The latest modus operandi of the scam involves callers impersonating a bank, Bank Negara, police or law enforcement agency officers.
They may even inform you that you are involved in criminal activities and instruct you to disclose your banking details such as your ATM, debit card, credit card PIN (Personal Identification Number) or even ask you to transfer funds to a dedicated account number in order to avoid being prosecuted by the law.
To avoid any unauthorised access to your banking accounts, please be mindful to never reveal such information to unknown callers. You are strongly advised to stay vigilant and take the necessary precaution to protect yourself. If you have inadvertently provided your details in the past, please call us immediately at 603-2690 0900, or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org. Alternatively, you may also approach our nearest branch for further assistance.
How to protect yourself
- Be wary of unsolicited callers claiming to be bank or police officers. Bank Islam, Bank Negara Malaysia (BNM) and Polis Diraja Malaysia (PDRM) will never require your bank details.
- Never reveal your personal and bank account details such as ATM/debit/credit cards numbers, PINs, IAC (Internet Authorization Code) to anyone.
- Scammers may use Caller ID spoofing technology to mask their actual phone numbers and display a different number.
- Call us immediately if you detect any suspicious transactions.
Private Image and Private Word
The Private Word and Image is an additional security measure put in place to assist Bank Islam Internet Banking user to identify valid Bank Islam Internet Banking site.
With the new security enhancement, our existing login page will be split into two pages. The first login page is for user to key-in User ID and followed by second login page for user to enter the Password. User Private Word and Image will be presented at second login page.
Internet Banking user has to maintain the Private Word and Image before user is directed to Bank Islam Internet Banking landing page and continue with the internet banking transactions.
How does it assist our user?
Users to verify that they are accessing valid Bank Islam Internet Banking site as follows: 1. A login page without password field
2. 2nd login page to key-in password and to verify Private Word and Image maintained earlier
This is an authentication page to verify that user is accessing to valid Bank Islam Internet Banking. Fake website will display incorrect Private Word and Image to user.
Should the selected Private Word and Image displayed is incorrect or not available, please do not proceed and immediately notify us at 03-26 900 900.
- Self Reset Password
- E-Statement Maintenance
- Cheque Book Request
- Funds Transfer Within Bank Islam to Third Party Account
- Funds Transfer to Other Banks via Instant Transfer (IBG)
- Funds Transfer to Other Banks via IBFT
- Favourite Account Maintenance Within Bank Islam to Third Party Account
- Favourite Account Maintenance to Other Banks via IBG
- Favourite Account Maintenance to Other Banks via Instant Transfer (IBFT)
- Payments to Open Bill
- Auto Debit
- Bill Presentment
- Favourite Bill Payment Maintenance
- Favourite JomPAY Maintenance
- E-Sadaqah / Wakaf
- Prepaid Reload
- Change Address
- Change Password
- Change Secret Questions and Answers
- Private Word and Image Maintenance
- Transaction Limit Maintenance
- E-commerce payment via FPX
- E-commerce payment via POS Online
- Don’t act upon spoof email
- Transaction is using 128 bit encryption method
- To confirm you are accessing secured site by checking on SSL Secured (128 bit) icon at right taskbar
- Always ensure to use correct URL : http://www.bankislam.com.my
- Always check on the certificate to ensure you are accessing exist website
- No downloaded program is needed to access
- Automatic timeout/log-off if idle after certain period
- Always remember your id & password
- Don’t reveal your id & password to anyone
- Can be access across any platform/browser best viewed with IE 8.0 or higher
- Advised to clear cache after each session
- If Internet Banking problem, call 603-2690 0900 immediately