A Waqf hemodialysis centre in Perlis will be managed and administered professionally by Tuanku Fauziah Hospital (HTF), Kangar upon completion. It will benefit thousands of chronic kidney patients.
This project is an Islamic landmark in the healthcare sector that will ultimately benefit the patients who undergo hemodialysis treatment especially among the asnaf fuqara ‘and also the less fortunate non-Muslims.
The construction work of the MAIPs-HTF Hemodialysis Service (“Center”) waqf building has commenced on 3 April 2018 and is expected to be completed on 2 October 2019. The centre is a double-storey building with 1,822 m² of floor space that fits a capacity of 66 beds. It will be the largest hemodialysis centre in Perlis.
To date, there are only four hemodialysis centres that have been established throughout the state of Perlis. With the opening of this new centre, the efficiency of treatment services can be enhanced by shortening the duration of the patients’ turn. In addition, it can increase the number of patients as well as conducting the hemodialysis treatment frequently.
- Give priority to chronic kidney patients among asnaf under the assistance of MAIPs as well as non-Muslim patients from underprivileged communities;
- Patients will get hemodialysis treatment on a timely, frequent basis through the good quality of facilities and services;
- Provide accessibility for patients to be given treatments from well-trained medical assistants and officers.
MAIPs Waqf Development Project- Hospital Tuanku Fauziah (HTF) Hemodialysis Centre, Perlis
- PROJECT COST: RM6,000,000.00
- PROCEEDS: RM1,238,497.95
- PERCENTAGE: 20.6% (AS AT 31 DECember 2018)
For the latest Waqf Projects, visit https://mywakaf.com.my